tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 19 20:47:35 1997

Re: KLBC: HeghmoH

> SKI: Edy has followed a rule into a 'fatal' question.  Qov waits to
> see how SuStel gets out of this one.

As my name was touched here, I'll show you what I think  :))

The wound is not able to exist by itself, I mean, someone or something have to
cause it first. Then the wound is impossible to kill, but it can cause death.
Let's see the Socrates sentence in example. He died because he drunk poison.
So who/what kills him?
The poison or himself?

In my point of view, Socrates kills himself, but the poison cause his death.
The poison cannot able to kill someone by itself. One have to drink it.

In most of cases, we want a literal expression for some word or sentence, but
as the cultures are variable, we have to understand and accept their reality and
expressions. There some things that are impossible to change.

> peQub:
> ghaH HeghmoH ghu'.
> ghaHvaD HeghmoH ghu'.

	The situation cause him to die
 	The situation cause the death for him (?) (I didn't see the
				           reason of -vaD here)

ghu' is very vague. In this case we have to see the context. What is ghu' (situation
[n])(?)

--
Eduardo "Edy" Fonseca  ||  Belo Horizonte MG - Brasil
PAU BRASIL, a Home Page do VGA Planets:

Back to archive top level