tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jun 18 19:24:08 1997

RE: Gotta go...

jatlh Voragh:

> Of course, we all know that no one in Star Trek ever needs to go to the
> bathroom anyway.  {{;-)

You know that door opposite the Observation Lounge door on the Enterprise-D
bridge?  The one which is hardly visible because it usually faces away from
the camera?  That's the head.

Never saw anyone use it, right?

But remember, in Klingon we have {puch} "toilet" and {puchpa'} "bathroom."
While one may ask why someone says {puchpa' vIlo'nIS}, there is little
ambiguity in {puch vIlo'nIS}.  It's still indirectly stated though.

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level