tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jun 17 08:49:52 1997

RE: KLBC: HIlaD! (Lurker coming to light)

mughItlh SuStel
>>Qo'noSDaq bIghIQ 'e' Danab'a'?
>>
>> jIHvaD bIjatlhbe'taH 'e' vISov, 'ach vuDwIj vIja' vIneH.  Qo'noSDaq not
>>jIghIQ
>> (mu' po'qu' 'oH {ghIQ}'e'!).
>
>What exactly do you mean, "{ghIQ} is a very skilled word"?  And why use the
>pronoun?
>
>Instead of saying, for example:
>
>taj Daj 'oH Daqtagh'e'
>The Daqtagh is an interesting knife,
>
>Klingon is set up to say:
>
>Daj Daqtagh
>The Daqtagh is interesting.

qatlho'.  jIlIj.
What I mean there is that {ghIQ} is a very useful word (oops, I just remembered
{lI'}!), fitting in with Klingon verbality (like {chech} and {'uH}).

>....As it is, it looks like you are saying {"Power Klingon"-Daq QIp tera'ngan
'e' vIHechbe'} "I
>don't intend that on Power Klingon the Terran is stupid."  This can't be what
>you mean.  Perhaps you mean
>
>'ach jIQIp 'e' vIHechbe'
>But I don't intend to be stupid.<

No, not exactly.  Here's what I meant:  Remember the passage on toasts from PK?
"As of the release of this tape, they were still finding his pieces."  In an
alien culture, there'll be lots of misunderstandings that cause great dishonor,
like toasts with the special rules and who knows what else!  The said shredded
Terran was just doing what seemed right.  I don't mean things like the plight of
the Terran at the beginning of the tape.  He didn't even know the basics; it's
the small things that cause me to never go to the Klingon Empire.

BTW, jIcheghpu' ghaytan 'e' botlhoj!  wa'Hu' juHDaq macheghmeH Duj wIlo'.
wa'Hu' Hutvatlh vaghmaH *mile*Daq maleng.  qaSDI' jav rep wa'maH vagh tup je
matagh 'ej qaSDI' ramjepHey juHDaq mapaw.

Qapla'
qoror

Back to archive top level