tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jun 16 23:59:12 1997

Re: KLBC: compound words

In a message dated 97-06-15 11:58:58 EDT, SuStel writes:

<< (I also think that {ja'chuq} is just {ja'} + {-chuq}, and that it never
takes
 an object.  The way it's used, though, makes it indistinguishable from a
 separate verb, and so trying to distinguish them is almost a moot point.  >>

While I, too, use {ja'chuq} without any Object as if it were a Verb plus a
Type 1 suffix, I am interested in your line of reasoning while claiming
{HoSghaj} as a standalone Verb and not making the same claim regarding
{ja'chuq}.

peHruS

Back to archive top level