tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jun 15 03:01:16 1997

KLBC: Uselessness & Aiming

SuStel, Thanks for your help with my Klingon so far. I went over your last
message thouroughly with my copy of TKD handy to make sure I knew exactly
what you were saying before I continued. Sorry that I have not posted in about
a week but I have been a busy little Klingon.

I am still trying to grasp basic sentence structure so here are a couple
more sentences that I *HOPE* are correct.

I wanted to say "This information is of no use/useless to me" but was unsure
whether to use be' (not) or Ha' (undo) to negate lI' (useful, be useful), so
I tried both:

mulI'be' De'                    This information is not useful to me.
mulI'Ha' De'                    This information is useless to me.

Also, I am unsure if I got the words the correct way around.
Since the thing being useless is the information, I concluded that it must
be the subject of the sentence. I hope that's correct.

I also tried translating Captain Sulu's line: "Target that explosion and fire"
into Klingon and came up with:

jorwI' yIQeq 'e' yIbaH

I am not sure if I used the correct

Now, on a lighter note - I would like to announce that after much late night
brain storming I have come up with a name for my Klingon half:

                                  qarnoS

What do you think? It doesn't mean anything (to my knowledge) but I think it
has a nice ring to it :-)

Regards,
	qarnoS

	[email protected]
	"How little you mortals understand time, must you be so linear?..."

Back to archive top level