tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jun 09 21:45:30 1997

Re: KLBC: pIqaD, Schoen vs. Okuda

|>If we accept Okuda's or Schoen's letters as those which Klingons use,
|>there *must*  be some handwriting, i.e. a cursive way of drawing these
|>characters. How should I write it with a ballpen?
|
|The font available from the KLI merchant page can be hand written. I find
|that I have trouble convincing people of this. English can have fat, fancy
|letters; yet you can still hand write it. [email protected], I will attach
|to a private e-mail a hand written piece that I scanned.  I find it quite
|easy.  Anyone else want to see?
|
|DloraH

Cf. Theron P. Elliot & Lawrence Schoen's article "Writing Klingon: The Easy
Way" in HolQeD 2.2 (June 1993): 10-11 for one method.

The Interstellar Language School sells Glen Proechel's _pIqaD paQDI'norgh:
An Alien Writing System Primer_. This is a 44 p. workbook teaching another
handwriting method for writing and learning to read printed pIqaD. Contact
Ken Traft (ILS Acting Director while Glen is in Russia) at [email protected]
for price and availability.

As I've never particularly wanted to write pIqaD, I really can't recommend
one system over another but both provide stroke by stroke instructions.

-- Voragh

Back to archive top level