tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jun 09 00:22:17 1997

Re: Object wIjatlhlaH'a'

In a message dated 97-06-08 12:01:34 EDT, SuStel writes:

<< qaja'pu' HIqaghQo'

 You cannot say that the position of {HIqaghQo'} shows that it is the object.

 (I'm not claiming that it definitely is not, though that is my opinion.)

HIqaghQo' qaja'pu' is legal according to TKD 6.2.5, entitled "Sentences as
Objects."
ji'oj jatlh 'avwI' is legal according to my feelings.

Please note the title of the section.

"Similarly, with verbs of saying (say, tell, ask, etc.), {'e'} and {net} are
not used.  The two phrases simply follw one another, in either order."

Further ....."An aspect marker may always be attached to the verb of saying,
regardless of whether it is the first or second verb."

peHruS

Back to archive top level