tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 24 08:44:59 1997

Re: HablI'mey

According to Mark Mandel:

> Come to think of it, in the same exchange he made another recommendation. I
> didn't mention it at the time because it seemed obvious, but it really
> ought to be added to the canonical list.  Since my office is in a different
> building from the company reception desk I prefer to give people the number
> of the fax machine closest to my desk.  I put both numbers on the
> letterhead, labeling them in English "Klingon fax" and "general fax".  Dr.
> Okrand suggested <le'be'>* for 'general', and so of course that's what I
> used.

This was mentioned in an earlier HolQeD (v5n2), which is why I
put it on the New Word list. I did not put {le'be'} because it
DID seem obvious and because Okrand has also used {motlh} for a
very similar meaning and I have not figured a way to clearly
show this.

>      marqem, tlhIngan veQbeq la'Hom -- Heghbej ghIHmoHwI'pu'!
> Subcmdr. Markemm, Klingon Sanitation Corps -- Death to Litterbugs!
> **              Mark A. Mandel : [email protected]             **
>     Dragon Systems, Inc. : speech recognition : +1 617 965-5200
>  320 Nevada St., Newton, MA 02160, USA : http://www.dragonsys.com/
>           Personal home page: http://world.std.com/~mam/

charghwI'

Back to archive top level