tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 21 09:07:50 1997

Re: vegh

Eduardo Fonseca wrote:

> > The new word is...  vegh  - to go through (v)
> >
> > subject - the thing that is doing the moving
> > object - the thing which the subject is going through
>
> 	So, can I say:
>
> A lonely freighter flying through the space?
> (loghDaq vegh puvtaH mob tongDuj )

     No, {vegh} is a verb.  You are trying to use it as a preposition,
which I don't think we even have in Klingon (as separate words anyway).
"A lonely freighter flies through space" would be something along the
lines of {logh vegh tongDuj mob}.  (Note the correct position of the
adjectival verb {mob}).

wIvqu', law'wI'pu'vaD Holtej jIH
| Thaddaeus Vick, Linguist to the Masses |       [email protected]       |
| I could be wrong.  After all, there's  |                           |
|      a first time for everything.      | http://www.crl.com/~dvick |