tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jul 20 18:29:53 1997

Re: rIntaH qep'a' loSDIch

>We received a new word from Marc Okrand (who was with us most of
>Saturday afternoon and evening), but I'll let Alan Anderson or another
>member of his "team" reveal it -- they're the ones responsible for it.

Well, I seem to be the first one from that team to get back on the list, so...

The new word is...  vegh  - to go through (v)

subject - the thing that is doing the moving
object - the thing which the subject is going through

-examples:
The bird goes through the window (an open window)
The train goes through the tunnel
He goes through the door (an open door)

notice in these examples the subject does NOT physically touch the object

-This word does NOT work for:
The bullet went through his heart
His fist went through the wall

notice that in these examples the subject physically touches the object; the
bullet touched the heart as it went through it

The bird going through an open window doesn't touch anything.

Is this definition clear enough?

DloraH  (Doq team; not the SuD team)   :P

Back to archive top level