tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 16 05:38:00 1997

Re: KLBC: Re: A little suggestion

[email protected] on behalf of [email protected] wrote:
> qech QaQ 'e' vIHar (vIQub) (?)
> I think it's a good idea

{qech QaQ} means "good idea," but it's only a noun phrase, not a sentence.  As
a sentence, since {qech} is the subject, you'd say {QaQ qech} "the idea is
good."

Either {'e' vIHar} or {'e' vIQub} is fine, but to indicate that you're unsure
of the validity of the statement, the best way is to use the Type 6 verb
suffix {-law'}.

QaQlaw' qech.
I think the idea is good.

> 'ach "MSN"vam nuq ?
> But what is MSN?
>
> (sorry if that was a stupid question, but I just don't konw)

"The Microsoft Network."  Bill Gates' version of AOL.  Look closely at my
e-mail address.

> muHwI'
> Hov pem / Hov poH ?

{Hov pem} means "star's daytime."  {Hov poH} is the phrase used for
"stardate."

> Stardate 97537.2

"TSR Online"Daq wa' jabbI'IDwIj DalaDpu''a'?
So, did you see one of my posts on TSR Online?  :)

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level