tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 14 16:27:26 1997

Re: -nuq

KATIE MONCELSI wrote:

> William Cody wrote:
> >
> > >Are you saying that "nuqneH"only means "what do you want?" when you use
> > >it as a greeting?
> > >
> > >B'Elanna
> >
> > You could be right.  I just was doing some lessons and I was into using
> > "DaneH" and everything, I didn't think of that.  But, if you were in the
> > middle of a conversation and you wanted to order a meal, and said to the
> > other person "nuqneH?", might that confuse them?
> I didn't think about that.
>
> B'Elanna
I was thinking that context would determine how you took it but the
(excl) in TKD sems to be exclusively to my mind, so it ought to be only
as a greeting...probably if you were ordering dinner and you dallied
over the menu a Klingon waitor would just say nuq nay' (sorry I couldn't
resist)
--
Dennis & Kim Orosz aka May'qel tai Reshtarc & Her Holiness
Members; K.L.A.W. K.L.I. G.S.U.S.A. CWA Local 4900

Back to archive top level