tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jul 12 09:05:14 1997

Re: We are klingons

bImujchu'.

{tlhIngan maH} means "We are Klingons," and that is the ONLY
valid translation of it. Trust me on this. I've been using the
langauge for a long time and I have a better grasp of it than
most people on this list, though I certainly have peers here.
Meanwhile, please take note that my peers are all agreeing with
me and those who disagree are far less experienced with the
language.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful. I'm trying to correct what
I'm seeing as an error which seems determined to become
widespread.

charghwI'

On Fri, 11 Jul 1997 14:32:50 -0700 (PDT)  William Cody
<[email protected]> wrote:

> <thlIngan maH> WOULD mean "We are Klingon", as in the Klingon race.  To say
> "We are Klingons"plural, would have to be <tlhInganpu' maH>.  Without the
> <-pu'> it would not grammatically correct to say it means "We are
> Klingons"plural.  Well??

Back to archive top level