tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 07 18:50:56 1997

Re: KLBC: Trainning the begginers

>tlhob fonseca ([email protected]):
>& Is there any new "challenge" for us?
>Yes.  Here's your next challenge.  Write, in Klingon, with English
>translations underneath, six sentences answering the
>question:
>             *              qatlh jor romuluSngan Duj?             *
>The six sentences can be six different answers, or one lutHom.
>Look through the vocabulary for ideas. Be creative.  Be silly.  Or
>just dare to create your first tlhIngan Hol sentences. Send your
>response to the list.
>If you need inspiration, translate one of these to get you
>started:
>1. Klingons destroyed the ship.
>2. The Romulans caused their ship to explode because they
>were ashamed.
>Every beginner who tries this wins as a prize his or her choice of
>commendations and attention from Qov, or being left completely alone
>by Qov--both sought after commodities in their own contexts, I assure
>you.  Non-beginners are encouraged to play too, but they don't get to
>choose their own prize. :)
>
>  - Qov

lu',

1. The fed's shot it
romuluSngan Duj lubach DIvI'may'Duj

2. A traitor put a bomb on the ship
romuluSngan DujDaq jorwI'jan lanta' maghwI'

3. They dropped they warp core
pIvghor QIHta' romuluSngan jonwI'

4. The rom commander dropped his tea on the contol panel
SeHlawDaq Dargh chaghta' romuluSngan la'

5. the romulans are stupid
romuluSnganpu' QIp

6. they were all drunk, the commander fell and broke the engine
Hoch chech 'ej pumta' romuluSngan la' 'ej jonta' ghor ghaH

I didn't have my TKD with me when i did these, and i couldn't remember
how to say "such and such did such and such on something.." I hope I got
it right {{:-)

oh well, Qapla'

|   'elren HoD, IKC q'rataq, KWS | [email protected]    |
|     'ej Sarq Hurgh lIgh lIghwI' Hurgh 'e' vIlegh      |
| 'ej Hegh 'oH lIghwI' pong'e' 'ej rop 'oH Sarq pong'e' |
Get Private Web-Based Email Free http://www.hotmail.com

Back to archive top level