tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 07 15:40:28 1997

Re: Klingon runic inscription

lab 'eQ:

& I am creating a rune-stone (VERY non-canon of course) in Klingon and
& am wondering if anyone could help me create the inscription. I was
& thinking of something like:
&
& {morgh} and {toq} erected this stone after {waqI'}, their father.

waqI'vaD naghvam lujom morgh toq je.  vavchaj ghaH

morgh and toq installed/set up/put online(?) this stone for waqI'. He
was their father.

jom is a new word and we're not totally sure what it means yet.
It might not be appropriate here. Conservatives will prefer luQammoH
(made to stand) or lucher (established) instead of lujom.

& He ruled as emperor for a day and met his death honorably in the
& evening.

qaStaHvIS wa' pem che'taH waqI' voDleH. ram batlh Hegh.

Emperor waqI' ruled for one day.  At night he died honorably.

Not quite enough information in the English to render this in
Klingon. I assumed he started ruling in the morning.  If he
started ruling the previous evening, use jaj instead of pem.  If he
became Emperor knowing he would rule for just one day, and setting
out to do that, then use che'lI' instead of che'taH.

& {'eQ} carved the runes

[naghDaq] pIqaDvam ghItlh 'eQ.

'eQ marked this Klingon writing. [in the stone].

You probably don't need the naghDaq.

 - Qov

Robyn Stewart                     [email protected]
NLK Technical Library  ph. (604) 689-0344 fax (604) 443-1000
NLK Consultants Inc. 855 Homer Street, Vancouver BC  V6B 5S2

Back to archive top level