tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jul 05 21:41:09 1997

Re: Pronunciation

On Sat, 5 Jul 1997 04:58:49 -0700 (PDT)  Duncan Barrett
<[email protected]> wrote:

> How do you pronounce the double glottal stop in words like yIja''egh (TKD,
> p. 35)?

It's a lot like pronouncing two "d"s in the word "ladder" only
quieter. {{:)> I once knew someone who pronounced the two "t"s
in the word "letter" as distinct consonants. While it sounded
weird, I figured maybe she was right, until I heard her similarly
pronounce the two "t"s in "water".

There aren't two "t"s in "water".

That's when I decided that she really was as weird as she
sounded.

charghwI'

> This question may sound a bit stupid  but then so does pronouncing two ' s
> in a row (to me).
>
> Thanks,
>
> 		Duncan Barrett

Back to archive top level