tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 04 19:12:58 1997

Re: query

[email protected] asks:
>request a translation for---wIHuq

The root verb, {Huq}, means "transact".
The prefix, {wI-}, indicates a first-person plural subject, i.e. "we",
and a third-person singular object, i.e. "him", "her", or "it".  Since
one does not usually transact a person, "it" is most appropriate.

A simple translation for {wIHuq}, then, would be "We transact it."
What "it" here means is unknown; other context must be provided in
order fully to understand this presently isolated word.

Interpreting a single verb with a prefix and no suffixes is relatively
simple, if you have a copy of The Klingon Dictionary.  I'm curious to
find out why you wanted a translation of this particular sentence.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level