tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jan 31 21:17:09 1997

Re: meeting greeting

> > Greetings.  I am honored to see you tonight.  I am pleased that you
> > are present.  We are family, together. Relax and let your enemies scare
> > you not.
> >
> > Questions:
> >
> > is \DaHram\ a valid extrapolation for tonight given the Klingon for
today?

> No.  Okrand has used the word {jajvam} in {Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam}  "It is
> good day to die" in TKW.  One would presume that one might also say
{ramvam}.

One way to say "tonight" that was being used frequently at the qep'a'
wejDIch was *DaHjaj ram*, literally "Todays night".

SuSvaj

Quote for the day:

"Insight, untested and unsupported,
is an insufficient guarantee of truth."