tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jan 22 12:03:56 1997

Re: Stomp Box

:I have been slowly learning Klingong and working on poems in Klingon
:(with a preference for haiku and cinquain forms), but I just couldn't
:keep myself from trying to translate the following song, because, for
:some reason, it reminded me of Klingon. Your comments and translation
:are welcome. Note, though, that I took some poetic liberty and used
:clipped Klingon in a couple places.
:
:"Stomp Box"
:by They Might Be Giants
:
:-- torroS

So where is the original text?

You can never assume that everyone on the list has even heard of your
favorite poem/song, let alone that they know the words (as ~mark discovered
with Shakespeare's Sonnet 123).

Voragh

Back to archive top level