tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 21 14:20:51 1997

wa' cha' wa' maH.EXE

I'm happy to announce that the game I developed
for my Klingon class is now available not only online on
the Web, but also as a Windows 3.1 or Win95 executable.

The game was programmed by Douglas J. Shaw ([email protected])
who did the JavaScript version - and I think he did a great job!

Since the binaries don't come with any rules, you need to read the
rules as provided at my web pages:

  From ancient times, Klingon warriors have amused themselves in idle
  moments on patrol, by mock number battles playing the game wa'
  cha' wa'maH . A simple game, wa' cha' wa'maH consists of two players
  adding one (wa') or two (cha') to a total, until the winner makes
  it equals ten (wa'maH). The winner cries "Qapla'" when he makes
the      total ten. A coin or similar object is tossed at the start of
each new
  game to decide who goes first. The computer is an experienced player
  and does not make many mistakes. You will need to be brave and
  cunning to win.

It isn't chess by any stretch, but I offer it as a
"Klingon Tic-Tac-Toe".  We had a lot of fun with it in
my class of grade schoolers, and my daughter and I find
ourselves "in idle moments on patrol" (or waiting in a mall)
playing a couple of rounds.  She even went on to teach he
Girl Scout troop.  Now THERE'S a thought: Klingon Girls Scouts!

[*COOKIES* Daje'hughbe' vaj vIHegh!]

   joel anderson * [email protected] * [email protected]
 mIghghachvo' yImej 'ej yIQaQ; roj yInej 'ej Dochvam yItlha'
    http://members.aol.com/JPKlingon * [email protected]

Back to archive top level