tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jan 19 05:47:30 1997

new words in dB format

 >> Finally, I have a file of "speculative" words, whose meanings aren't
 >> defined. (For example, {lItHa'} means "get off".  I speculate that
 >> {lIt} means "get on".  {nal} occurs in {be'nal}, {loDnal} and {nalqaD}
 >> and clearly means "mate, spouse" but does not occur alone in canon.)

 > I think Okrand said in TKW(?) that "*nal" does not occur in isolation.
 > It may be a "bound morpheme" which has a meaning but never occurs by
 > itself (like English "-ology").  So be careful about saying it "means
 > 'spouse'". That may be true, but it doesn't make it a word.

It's possible that was in TKW; as I stated earlier, now that I have the bulk
of the TKD words entered, I'm going to start going through the rest of the
canon stuff myself (I was relying on Will's list).  And I fully realize the
nature of problem, which is why those are in a separate list (and not the main
body of my AKD).

Qob la' (tlh.w.D. quttaj ra'wI')
tlhIngan Hol yejHaD qhojwI'

... I was not CREATING a disturbance, I was improving one already there.

Back to archive top level