tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 02 17:20:36 1997

RE: KLBC

 January 02, 1997 9:54 AM, jatlh loDDoq:

> did I wrote to u something and u didnt answered or I didnt write anything?

I got it.  I *do* spend some of my life away from my computer.  Especially
since it was the New Year holiday.

yItuv!

> anyway/as fonseca(is that the name?) "destroy alien ship
> will be *nov Duj yIQaw'*,right?

I promise, I'll get to every KLBC question.  Be patient, and don't answer
language issues in them before I do.  Thanks.

Your sentence is quite correct for "Destroy the alien ship."

> another question,how do I write "dont insult me!"?maybe *chotIchbe'*?

You have just written a statement, not a command.  "You do not insult me."
You must first use an imperative prefix.  The subject is "you," and the object
is "me."  {HI-}.

Also, when using imperatives, you don't use the {-be'} suffix.  To say
"don't," use {-Qo'}.

HItIchQo'!

> Qap'

This is the second mail you've sent (which I've seen) with the word *{Qap'} at
the end of it.  There is no such word.  There is {Qapla'} "success" (a noun)
and {Qap} "succeed, work, function" (a verb).  What is it you're trying to
say?

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian