tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Feb 28 16:20:35 1997

Re: ram chal wanI'

ghItlh DaQtIq:
>>>ram chalDaq puvwI' puS tu'lu'.
>>
>>This one confused me a bit. "puvwI'" is still a little too open-ended
>>for me. Lots of things fly.
>
>Agreed. I was writing this offline and i had forgotten ghunchu'wI''s
><raQpo'Duj> for airplane. If it pleases the council, i'll amend my

If you indeed meant passenger-carrying airliners, then by all means make
the substitution.  However, I suspect that most late-night aircraft are
cargo ships.  The generic {muDDuj} might be appropriate; then again it
might be an unwarranted hindsight-word.

As I recall, "Vehicle Vocabulary" was one of the subjects on last year's
Wish List.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level