tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Feb 28 14:59:33 1997

KLBC: New Words - magic, magician

In my search for new Klingon words, I have tried to come up with words
for magic and magician (sorcerer, etc.).

Here's my thoughts:

chambe'cham = magic (no-technology technology)

chambe'chamwI' = magician (no-technology technician)

I realize from the notes this morning that the absolutely correct form
of no-technology could be chamHa', but, again, I am exterpolating from
chamwI' (technician - one who does technology) that cham is actually a
verb-form, making the correct form chambe' for no-technology or
technology-not.

I also toyed with the idea of Clarke's Theorem (Any technology,
sufficiantly advanced becomes indistinguishable from magic) and use
cham'Itlh for magic and cham'Itlhwi' for magician, but I like the sound
of chambe'cham and chambe'chamwI' better.  They sound like magic
incantations already.

Y'jImbotlh-wa'maH of House l'maSto'r

Back to archive top level