tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Feb 23 14:45:42 1997

Re: Last Call!!!

Membership Directory...

Garrett Michael Hayes ([email protected]) wrote:

As one who THIINKS he sent in the card, I'dlike to ask if there is
any way to check and be certain? I don't seem to have it about
with my HolQed issues. (Of course it is possible that my targh ate
it.)

The options available for the directory at this point in time are
exactly what I laid out in my earlier post, and nothing more.  I simply
do not have the luxury of time to field a flood of email that would
result if each of the hundreds of people asked about their status in the
directory.  That's why we do it so far in advance.  The one exception
I'm making is for those members overseas, who had received a card back
in September, and couldn't mail it here in time now by any means.

Other members who began their subscription to HolQeD after issue #19
will not be included in the upcoming Directory, but will get their shot
when the information cards go out again *next* September.  If this seems
cruel or unfair then simply keep in mind that I'm doing all the sorting
of information, all of the layout and printing and sorting and mailing
of each issue of HolQeD, and all of the processing of membership data,
all this by myself in what I used to laughingly refer to as my spare
time.

If and when the KLI gets to the size where it can hire an office worker,
even one full day each week, THEN I'll be able to accomodate more
requests.  If you'd like this to happen then I recommend you do two
things: 1) go out and recruit ten people to join the KLI, and have them
each do the same, and 2) make (and encourage others to make) healthy
contributions to the KLI.  Sadly, despite the ideals of the way of the
warrior, it's still the Ferengi who make the trains run on time.

Lawrence

P.S.  Garrett, you *did* send in your directory card, so don't worry
about it.  ;)

Is it OK to send the info in again? And if so, could you post the
questions to the list, so I could type up a card and send it in?

--
:: Dr Lawrence M Schoen, Director   :: The KLI is a nonprofit ::

Back to archive top level