tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Feb 13 12:19:43 1997

nobHa' (was: tach Such)

[email protected] writes:

> tera'nganvaD latlh nobHa'.
> He gives the additional back to the Terran.
>
> Here, {nobHa'} means "ungive."

is this canon? I understand {nobHa'} in a way that the _Subject_ is
taking back what the (Ind) _Object_ had been given before (not necessarily
by Subject though)

and if you want to say, "well, that would be {yaHmoH}", I think the
difference is in the perceived order of events, thus

{nob} gives - {nobHa'} takes back
              {yaHmoH} takes away - {yaHHa'moH} gives back

(but I don't think you could use {yaHHa'moH} for the bartender example,
_maybe_, just maybe, {HevHa'} as in {tera'nganvaD latlh HevHa'}.)

HomDoq

Back to archive top level