tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Feb 11 12:05:21 1997

Re: Spell check......

     Use your normal SpellCheck function, but specify a "private"
     dictionary. Create a custom dictionary and name it "Klingon.dic".

        First, go to the "Tools" selection on your menu bar. Under that
     there is the "Options" choice. This will open a window with many of
     the User presets. Choose the "Spelling" tab, and find the "Custom
     Dictionaries" button. Here you simply create a new dictionary for
     yourself. It will have no words to start with. You must use it with
     your normal dictionary during spellchecks (by checking the boxes for
     both).Keep your TKD handy!

        During spellchecks; when you find words from the Hol, simply choose
     to add them to your "Klingon.dic". When you have added enough to it,
     the dictionary will begin to be an invaluable resource. The
     "Klingon.dic" will begin to recommend appropriate or similar words
     over time. Avoid adding entire phrases, or compound words. This can be
     especially problematic, with adverbial/pronominal prefix/suffixes,
     etc., used as they are in the tlhIngan Hol.

     !!   Be sure to check the spelling of words, before adding them to the
     "Klingon.dic", to avoid perpetuating mistakes.  Every word from the
     Beginners Grammarian should be canon. I always spellcheck his output
     first, to add to my tlhingan Hol *.dic! This will give you the best
     foundation to work from.

     Qapla' Qevin {{:)/*/

     PS: SuStel,HIja' vItu'ta'a'*SkyBox*!

     I have found some of the "SkyBox" cards. They are from the TNG 2ND,
     3RD, and 4TH Series. They were in the local Geppis' Card/Comix shops,
     and although they had never heard of a tlhingan language set, were
     able to help me find these. In order to get the entire set I will have
     to purchase several Boxes (36$ DIvI smackeroos each!).

     nuQneHvIp?

     nuQneH, vISaH'a'?  Qapla'! Qevin {{:)/*/