tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Feb 06 05:56:58 1997

Word Origin Speculation II

Picking up on SuStel's observation about "Sab", notice the word for
"stubborn" is "mul" (i.e. "mule").  I'm sure there are many other examples
of these types of words that seem to be not such a stretch from English -
words Okrand probably thought up around 2AM some morning.  It can't be easy
to come up with 2,000+ words that don't sound like anything in other
languages.  I personally think the word for "beautiful" fits, in a twisted
way, into this category (A terran might say "ick" or "icky" to describe
something which may seem "beautiful" to a klingon).

'orqut

Back to archive top level