tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 31 21:14:57 1997

rIntaH

ghItlh charghwI' SuStel je:

>>I NEVER use {rIntaH}. I wince whenever I see it used.
>
>Why? It's fun to use, if you use it properly. The "it's done and that's
>the end of it" meaning can be quite useful at times.

I know I've read messages by charghwI' where he says something like "You
can't do that in Klingon. Period." This exclamation is similar to <rIntaH>.
You could perhaps translate it like "That's it - it's OVER, baby!" I might
utter it as the winning run is scored in the bottom of the ninth - of
course, proper usage would require a preceding statement like <maQap!
rIntaH!> with extreme enunciation and gusto on that last word.

It is a backfit, but a fun and useful one.

Qermaq

DIS chu' petIv

Back to archive top level