tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 31 14:24:29 1997

Re: E-mail Crash

[email protected] wrote:

> At 12:25 PM 31/12/97 -0800, you wrote:
> >>Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 17:16:51 -0500 (EST)
> >>From: [email protected]
> >>To: [email protected]
> >>Subject: Re: naDev vay' tu'lu'?
> >>Say what?
> >SuSvaj was asking if anyone was "out there".
> >>My whole computer has gone kaput and I just
> >>lost almost every file I had, even emails and >bookmarks!  I may
just
> >have to go and coomit some >ritualistic Klingon suicide...
> >
> >Your E-mail engine might have just overloaded. Try the Digest mode
for
> >the tlhIngan-Hol mailing list. This will decrease the shear volume of
> >your inbox, and eliminate most of the size as well.
> >Just send "SET TLHINGAN-HOL DIGEST" in the text area, leaving the
> >SUBJECT line blank, to the [email protected].
> >The Digest are very easy to back up. I save them in text mode on my
> >hard drive, and on old AOL floppies. Ya gotta do something with them!
> >
> >>Q'asHa
> >
> >Shouldn't that be: "Q'aSHa'"?
> >Qor'etlh aka valwI'na'
> >(Wizard of Washington D.C.)
> >"nuqneH,  vISaH'a' nuqjatlh? "{{:-)/*/
> >(What, me worry? Klingon with sash)
> >
> >Um, yes, I suppose it should be.  Pardon my ignorance.
> Q'aSHa'

MO "Himself" has said that Names operate outside the normal
conventions of tlhIngan Hol, so Q'asHa COULD
be right. That  is up to you. Sometimes I like to look for the
derivation of a name; for instance Holtej=Translator
charghwI'=Conqueror
Qor'etlh=Sword of Kor
{and a darn good phonemic pun for correct}

Now you know, about the potential for e-mail overload, and the
tentative nature of software, and the "hard drives" it resides upon.

The first rule of Poetry is:
A Rose is a Rose is a Rose...
The first rule of Real Estate is:
Location, location, location...
For Software the first rule is:
BACKUP, BACKUP, BACKUP!

Being ignorant is more tolerable than
being stupid, which you are not. After all, you wouldn't be interested
in this list if you were.

E-mail administration is my job, so I try to help out with
troubleshooting this list.

Do try the Digest mode. It has saved my sanity (better late than never).

Your Bookmarks gone!!?!! Would you like a copy of my bookmarks to get
you back to the Empire? (KLI, etc.) I can send them back as an
attachment, or in text format.

Success!
I may not always be right, but I'm always Qor'etlh.
"nuqneH,  vISaH'a' nuqjatlh? "{{:-)/*/
{What, me worry?}