tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Dec 27 20:54:52 1997

Re: Whereever he is

-----Original Message-----
From: WestphalWz <[email protected]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email protected]>
Date: Saturday, December 27, 1997 12:07 AM
Subject: Re: Whereever he is

>Finally, when we have a series of commands, we do not use 'ej.

I regret my previous bias against this, which seems to have infected others.
In fact, it's not so cut-and-dried as that.  Okrand HAS given us series of
commands with sentence conjunctions.  {teplIj yIwoH 'ej pa'lIjDaq yIjaH}
"Pick up your luggage and go to your room!" (Conversational Klingon).

I'd say that sentence conjunctions between commands are clunky or stilted to
Klingon ears, but not entirely unacceptable.  In my opinion, a Klingon would
PREFER to hear {teplIj yIwoH!  pa'lIjDaq yIjaH!}

SuStel
Stardate 97988.3

Back to archive top level