tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Dec 21 18:40:15 1997

Re: Uninscribe

Betsy Maixner wrote:
> How do you uninscribe? Please tell me, for I will go nuts shortly.....

This information is in the "welcome" message sent to each subscriber.  It
is in the headers of each note sent to the list members.  It is in the
FAQ which is among the first links given at http://www.kli.org/ (the KLI
web site).  For those of you who failed to heed the warning not to throw
away the information because you might want it later, pay attention.

You must know three things.

1) Send the request to the list SERVER, not to the list itself.
   Its address is <[email protected]> -- *not* <[email protected]>!

2) Use the UNSUBSCRIBE command in order to unsubscribe.
   (That's unSUBscribe, not unINscribe.)

3) Tell the server which list you want to unsubscribe from.
   This is the tlhIngan-Hol list.  Note the spelling.  The first three
   letters are "tee ell aitch" and there is a hyphen in the name.  (The
   list server doesn't care about capitalization.)

Again, send the unsubscribe request to <[email protected]>
Put the single line

unsubscribe tlhingan-hol

in the body of the message.  If anything goes wrong, you will receive
an error message from the list server describing the problem.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level