tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 17 00:19:43 1997

Re: SuH, Su', 'eH

At 09:13 97-12-16 -0800, edy wrote:
}
}"SuH, Su' and 'eH all mean that the speaker is about to give a command .."

Interchangeable, just stick them in the way you would say "ok you guys" or
"listen up"  or "this is what I want you to do ..."

}But I have some doubts to use them and the suffixes  -rup and -beH

If the subject of the verb is a person, use {-rup}.  If the subject is a
device, use {-beH}.  jIbachrup.  baHbeH cha.  Use them anytime you want to
say that someone is prepared or ready to do the action of the verb.

}Capt.  Fire torpedos at my command - qara'DI' cha yIbaH
}Gunner:  Torpedos are ready to launch, sir - baHbeH cha, qaH
}Capt:   Fire - baH (Clipped klingon)
}
}Capt.: Desactivate the cloak device at my command - qara'DI' So'wI' yIchu'Ha'
}Engeneer: Standing by, sir - SuH
}Capt.  Ready! - 'eH
}Engeneer: Aye, sir - HIja', qaH
}Capt:  Now!  - DaH