tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Dec 09 22:22:42 1997

Re: Klingon Christmas

At 15:04 97-12-09 -0800, you wrote:
}I have a hard job, but I need to get it done.  In a local Star Trek role-
}playing club I play a Klingon tactical officer.  As part of the Christmas
}festivities "on board" I would like to recite "T'was the Night Before
}Christmas" in Klingon.  If there is anyone out there who would be willing to
}help me with this feat, please contact me.

Data' DaneHchugh *June* Data'nISchoHta'.
If you want to do that you should have started in June.  But even with
dramatic gestures it' too much to ask non-Klingon speakers to sit through.
I highly recommend you translate the first five lines, say those in Klingon,
then notice a problem wit the universal translator and continue in English
with various Klingon modifications that will interesting and funny for the
audience.

Qov     [email protected]
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level