tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Dec 09 14:06:14 1997

[KLBC] wo' mung

It think I forgot everything Qov told me :( That or translating is
very hard. Well you see for yourself.

Maybe I should give a bit of background first. The character is the
main bad guy of my campaign. I'm trying to write the story of how he
created an empire through his eyes. 1000 years ago something happened
(the Big Sneeze, don't ask...) which caused a mix of different worlds
to come together: a world were dinosaurs are not extinct, a world were
Gods walk on the earth, etc.

I am 5000 years old.
vagh'SaD ben vIboghpu'.
	I'm not happy with the above sentence but couldn't find an
	example for such an ordinary sentence.

I was brought here 1000 years ago.
naDev jIghoS; wa'SaD ben jIghoS.
	Almost quit when trying to translate this one. Is it any good ?

Since coming here, I have tried to make the world better for me and
all living creatures.
naDev jIghoSDI', Hochpu' yIn jIDubmeH.
	Oversimplified the whole sentence... the for and the since are
	beyond my grasp :(

My first 4000 years of living taught me how this should be done.
loS'SaD ben wa'DIch jIyInpu'mo' Dub 'e' jISov.
	Couldn't fit the 'taught me' part.

To understand why I'm doing this, listen to my story.
yajmeH cho'iJ.
	Couldn't fit the "why I'm doing this". I hope I got the -meH
	right.

Phil

Back to archive top level