tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Dec 07 09:15:45 1997

Re: [KLBC and others] Name ?

-----Original Message-----
From: Qov <[email protected]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email protected]>
Date: Saturday, December 06, 1997 7:20 PM
Subject: Re: [KLBC and others] Name ?

>I have met a lot of people who gave me a name like "Simon" or "Theo" to
>use, only later revealing true names like "Mbezi" or "Xien Wu."

I once knew a guy named Simon, and one day heard that that wasn't his real
name, just one chosen so English speakers would not have trouble saying his
name.  It was actually Shih-Ming.  After this was pronounced for me, it took
me days to realize that "Simon" was just a transliteration of his real name.
(Real nice guy, too.  Absolutely bonkers.)

Not that this is terribly relevant, I suppose.

SuStel
Stardate 97933.8

Back to archive top level