tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Dec 02 21:14:16 1997

Odds and ends from a Star Trek convention

I attended a Star Trek convention in Indianapolis last week.  One of the
guests was John Ordover, Star Trek editor for Pocket Books.  I asked him
(not entirely seriously) if there was any chance of their publishing any
Klingon language fiction.  His answer was an immediate, solid "No."

He then went on to say that he *would* like to be the one to submit the
Klingon translation of the Bible to Paramount's lawyers, with a request
that they get back to him quickly. :-)

I now have a nearly complete collection of the Skybox Klingon language
cards.  I discovered an amusing little inconsistency -- while the date
of the copyright progresses from 1994 to 1997 in the English fine print,
the Klingon equivalent is always wa'-Hut-Hut-loS.

I set out a stack of KLI flyers by the registration table in the morning
and they were all gone by mid-afternoon.  I didn't count them, but it was
probably a couple hundred sheets.  Maybe a few people will follow through.
(Lawrence and Mark, can an up-do-date KLI info sheet be put on the web
or ftp sites in postscript or pdf or something?  Printing them on demand
would be a lot more convenient than getting them through the mail.)

I also acquired a miniature betleH, suitable for use as a letter opener.
It's a great conversation opener, too. :-)

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level