tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Aug 26 21:28:24 1997

More puns

Some puns I haven't seen pointed out yet....

Someone pointed out that {maHpIn} = "bowl" appears to come from "ten
pin" (the normal form of bowling).  Immediately after, Marc gives us
another word for "bowl", {Duq}, which looks like "duck"... as in "duck
pins", (which IIRC is bowling with skinny pins.)

{che'ron} = "battlefield" jumped out at me, since the planet Cheron was
the home of the half-white/half-black aliens in "Let This Be Your Last
Battlefield".  There was also a Battle of Cheron mentioned in TNG which
involved the Romulans.

The slang term {jav} for "prisoner" made me annoint my copy of KGT with
Pepsi.  Patrick McGoohan played Number Six in the TV show "The
Prisoner".

--
Qob la' (tlh.w.D. quttaj ra'wI')       [email protected]
tlhIngan Hol yejHaD ghojwI'            http://www.frontiernet.net/~qob/

Back to archive top level