tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Aug 26 14:56:01 1997

Re: defective verbs

ghItlh Eduardo Fonseca:

>Is there in klingon defective verbs, that not allow
>the 1rst person of singular, as to abolish, to colour, to compute?
>I don't know if you can use it in english, but in portuguese
>you must not use this kind of verbs

The closest I know of in Klingon would be the 'taboo' against using the
-vIp suffix to refer to oneself as afraid. Other than that, it seems that
all Klingon verbs conjugate absolutely regularly. Which is odd in itself,
to me...

Qermaq

P. S. Are English verbs derived from Russian called defector verbs? :) (Ok,
that was bad...)

Back to archive top level