tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Aug 24 07:25:44 1997

Re: pIqaD

ghItlh jeyD:
> ta' <jeyD>

> pIqaD:How does the KLI look at pIqaD?
I don't know for sure, but the KLI does not use the pIqaD officially, I
think.
look at this list's FAQ at
http://www.thomtech.com/~dspeers/klingon/faq.htm

> Is anything in the quarterly journal written using the font
I don't know, I don't have the "HolQeD"...

> supplied on one of the KLI pages (and the font it offers for $18)
You can get that font on many other Startrek-related pages whithout paying
$18
I have three different font types, I can send them to you if you want.

> Are there any plans to do some more "research" on pIqaD.  It sertainly
> looks very authentic and a true Klingon look. I use it on my computer
> when I am writing in Klingon and its look is very apealing.  I would
> like to see more done with the 'real' Klingon writing system.

I think the same way. When I write something in "romanized", people
just look stupidly at me because letters are capitalized in the middle of a
word.
But when I write it in pIqaD, most people come and say,
Oh, that looks cool, what is it...?

The KLI should do something about this, or talk to Marc Okrand to make at
least
the chart on "one of the KLI pages" be the _official_ decyphering table...

> <jeyD>

muHwI'
Stardate 97647.8

Back to archive top level