tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 21 09:28:00 1997

Re: yu-bIm-'egh

On 19 Aug 97 at 22:39, Qov wrote:

> I just got yu.
> ewe, a sheep, a female sheep ...
>
> Never would have seen that if someone else hadn't pointed out bIm -
> a drop of golden sun and 'egh - a name I call myself.
>
> And the obligatory cultural explanation: these phrases are mnemonics
> that go with the names of the notes do (doe) re (ray) and mi (me) in
> a note-singing song.

Yes, Julie Andrew all over again... The movie "The Sound of Music" is
known outside the US, you know. In fact, I can say I almost have the
whole movie memorized. It's even worse...

During one of our many vacations to Austria we visited Salzburg
(again). We were with the family of a colleage of my father (who has
three dauthers). When making the well-known tour through Salzburg in
one of the small horse-pulled coaches we even managed to sing
Do-Re-Mi out loud together. It must have been such a pathetical sight
(and sound too!).... <wide grin>

Alright, but to Klingon now... (I would have written the above in
Klingon if 1) my tlhIngan Hol weren't so rusty, 2) I had the time..
;-))

Qapla'
peSHIr

Jarno Peschier, computer science student, Utrecht University
   mailto:[email protected]    http://jarno.home.ml.org/
    'avwI' nejDI' narghta'bogh qama' reH 'avwI' Sambej

Back to archive top level