tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Aug 20 00:57:42 1997

Re: More KGT

[email protected] on behalf of Marian Schwartz wrote:

> 	1.  Here's a covering-up of something from the show "Looking for Par'Mach
> In All The Wrong Places."  On page 113, under Idioms, he says that "mevyap"
> means "Stop, [it is] enough!"  In the show, it shows "Mev'Yap" meaning
"Stop!"

Trek characters have been shouting {mevyap} all the way back since, oh,
must've been when Picard acted as the Arbiter of Succession.

> 	3.  AND YES!  AT LAST!  A WORD FOR "ALMOST"!!

I was very pleased with this one, and have already had occasion to use it (in
a Morskan dialect, no less . . .)

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian