tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 18 17:54:27 1997

Re: Klingonaase page created!

At 05:45 PM 8/18/97 -0700, you wrote:
>I've read the book.  I went to your page, looked for "kai" or "kai kassai".
>The definition wasn't there!!  I always assumed it was a word of equivilent
>meaning such as "Yeah!!"  or "Great!!".  The rest of the list is great.  The
>words for "Servent"and "Slave" are discussed in the intro of TFR, and you
>pegged it.  Great list.  Qapla!!

Like I said, there's a few things I still need to iron out.  Kai, and Kai
kassai are a few of them.  I am not sure if they are a general exclamation
like you said, or an actual word or phrase, as in "Long live so-and-so,"
based on the usage in the novel.

-mIqIraH

Back to archive top level