tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Aug 16 14:26:02 1997

Why klingon?

> Why am I studying Klingon?
> Could you give me some arguments WHY we all
> are learning the Klingon Language!

	Look .. I can talk what happened with me .. speaking kligon (trying), I
have to think the wrong way .. object-verb-subj.  It's very difficult in
the beggining, but when I accostumated with it, my neuroliguist had a
great developed.
I started to be more directive in my thinkness and I'm feeling that it's
helping me to be clearer than sometime ago.
	I started to drop some useless verbs and use short and direct sentences.

In Brasil we difficult and not common to use the imperative verbs. In
other hand use 3 or
4 verbs together.

Eg:
Eu posso ficar esperando sentado na minha casa
I     can     stay   waiting       sit      in   my    house  (literallyin
english)
juHwIjDaq  jIloSlaH  (the same sense in klingon)

	It's quite crazy use all those verbs together. It's very incomon in
english, but in portuguese it's normal ..  When I started to study
klingon, I started to "clean" the useless verbs and get the same results
more accurated and simple.

__
Eduardo Fonseca  || Belo Horizonte - Brasil
The brazilian' VGA Planets Home Page
http://www.Geocities.com/BourbonStreet/2460
yIlop! wa'leS chaq bIHegh

Back to archive top level