tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 15 18:35:29 1997

Re: pongwIj'e'

William H. Martin wrote:

> As it turns out, I love my Klingon name. Why? Well, as
> charghwI', it was intended to tie in to William, as in William,
> the Conqueror.

For some reason, I kind of like that name too.  I'm just suprised we
haven't had more {charghwI'qoqpu'} show up on the list.

> Then it got a boost when Okrand gave us the proverb:
>
> reH lugh charghwI'.

Well, *something* got a boost.  Too bad Marc didn't give us a word for
"ego."  :-)

> Then one day, I was typing too quickly and I dropped the "r" and
> became chaghwI', which means, of course, one who drops
> something. Like an "r", for instance.
>
> And now, we have the new word {char}, which means "be slimy".
> While I was initially offended by this, I have suddenly realized
> that if someone calls me {charwI'}, and a lot of lazy humans
> call me exactly that because they don't do gh very well, my
> natural response will be:
>
> gh.
>
> Or more likely:
>
> ghghghghghghghghghghgghgh!

To which most everyone will likely reply:

DaH jIbwIj vISay'moHnIS.

(Or something similar... I *really* need to transcribe CK and PK for
easy reference!)

--
Qob la' (tlh.w.D. quttaj ra'wI')       [email protected]
tlhIngan Hol yejHaD ghojwI'            http://www.frontiernet.net/~qob/

Back to archive top level