tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 14 14:07:14 1997

Re: juice

On 13 Aug 97 at 19:29, William H. Martin wrote:

> Aaargh! If you guys thought the word for "root beer" was bad,
> just wait until you see the word for "juice":
>
> vIychorgh.
>
> He even had the gall to hyphenate it on page 27 because of the
> justification.
>
> But then, I guess we are supposed to admire gall, right?
>
> And just in case the international set gets upset because they don't
> get it, here (and probably where you are, too), there is a vegetable
> juice (mostly tomato juice) made from eight different vegetables, so
> it is named V-8.

Sorry, never heard of it...

> And then, of course, there's the sauce known as {ghevI'} and
> worse yet, thickened marinade: qettlhup.

Wait! Wait! I get that one! Ketchup, right...? <grin>

> How can this man show his face in public? Knows he no shame?

He really must have had a *great* time creating this book. And what
about at the last qep'a'? I'm surprised that he didn't grin evilly
all the time was there! Or did he? (I wasn't there....)

Qapla'
peSHIr

P.S. Lawrence, have they got in yet for the merchant page? It's
getting pretty terrible to wait... ;-)

Jarno Peschier, computer science student, Utrecht University
   mailto:[email protected]    http://jarno.home.ml.org/
    'avwI' nejDI' narghta'bogh qama' reH 'avwI' Sambej

Back to archive top level