tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 08 22:02:02 1997

Re: New word from Okrand

ja'pu' SuSvaj:
> ...Doq team; not the SuD team

ja' muHwI':
>Could someone explain me that thing
>about the "Doq" and the "SuD"...
>
>jIHvaD ghom Doq ghom SuD je tIQIj.

At qep'a' loSDIch, the participants were divided into teams.  Each team
was identified by the color of the string on the members' nametags.  We
had (I think) red, green, dark blue, light blue, purple, and grey; some
nametags had black string, indicating that they were not expected to be
in the games.  Lawrence was in this "null-team" group, as were the non-
Klingon-speaking members of my family.

Trying to translate the teams' colors was interesting.  I considered
myself very lucky to be the team leader for the only team to have a
simple and unambiguously translatable team color. :-)

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level