tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 08 21:57:45 1997

Re: KLBC : Nemo repente fuit turpissimus

[email protected] on behalf of Norman Thomas wrote:
> Ha'DIbaHwI' jIpong <<Angel>>
> I call my animal [budgie/parakeet] "Angel".

I don't think that an animal capable of reproducing human speech gets {-wI'}.
The animal is not using language, it's repeating vocal sounds it hears.

When using {pong}, the object is the name, and the thing or person which is
named is the indirect object.

Ha'DIbaHwIjvaD "Angel" vIpong.
I call my animal "Angel."

toH!  "parakeet" ghajbogh loD'e' vISovpu'.  loDvaD "Angel" ponglu'!
("parakeet" pong vIqawbe'.)

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian