tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Aug 05 19:33:34 1997

Re: Sounds

>Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 18:37:12 -0700 (PDT)
>From: "Eileen Barnes" <[email protected]>
>

>nuqneH ,
>The speaker for KLI sounds doesn't seem to pronounce the sounds right.
>I'm new at this but as I see it he's pronouncing <l>s instead of <q>s does
>anyone have some sounds I can use to learn the pronounciation.  Plz e-mail
>them to me if you can.

What do you mean, "the speaker for KLI sounds"?  The sounds on
http://www.kli.org/kli/sounds.html and phrases.html?  I've listened to
those, and they sounded okay to me.  I spoke those sounds myself, and am
generally considered very good at pronouncing tlhIngan-Hol (considered that
by Marc Okrand himself).  Could there be something wrong with your
sound-player, or some confusion about which sound-file is which?

~mark

Back to archive top level