tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Aug 05 10:45:40 1997

Re: pass through time

>Date: Sun, 3 Aug 1997 15:47:13 -0700 (PDT)
>From: [email protected]
>
>Perhaps there is a fifth concept ergarding "pass through."  That is "pass
>through time", "pass through life".  Perhaps there are even more different
>concepts to consider.

You later recommended "qaS" for this, which to me seems more like what the
life does than the person "passing through" it.  This sort of "passing
through life" concept is really the same thing as a word I know I've wished
for a lot: "to experience."  A way to say it in many cases which I rather
like is with the verb "SIQ" (Interesting that there's "SIQ" and "tIv" but
nothing neutral.  There's something to like there.)  Didn't Okrand use
something similar in a proverb?

~mark

Back to archive top level